BNL Physics Department Hire Process
To request a new hire, please submit a new hire packet including the
following information and forms to James Desmond in the Physics Department
Business Office, Rm 1-56B, Bldg. 510A.
Memorandum from the Group Leader addressed to the Physics Department
Chair including the following information:
- Title of appointment;
- Type of appointment (term, regular full-time, or part-time). If
term or part-time appointment, please include length of term or
percentage of part-time status;
- Indicate whether the position is a replacement or new hire. If the
position is a replacement, indicate the name of the individual being
replaced and termination/transfer date;
- Projected start date for the new hire;
- Project-Activity numbers;
- Where the ad should be placed;
- This memo must include signature approval lines for James Desmond,
Physics Department Business Office, and Hong Ma, Physics Department
The following forms must be included in the packet:
- Job Posting Template (available here);
- New Employee/Guest Orientation (NEO) Form. This form must be
completed in its entirety and include signatures of the supervisor
and ESSH Coordinator, Achim Franz.
- Job Assessment Form (JAF). This form must be completed in its
entirety and include supervisor and Achim Franz's signatures.
To download the latest versions of the JAF Form, NEO Form and R2A2
Template, please see the SBMS Subject Area for Job Vacancies, Step 1:
All new hire
requests will be subject to budget review and approval by the Physics
Office and Physics Department Chair.
Once the above information is
approved, Leesa Allen will submit to Human Resources via the
TAMS Recruiting Portal.